Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Common Problem Here Out of Position on Flop - What\'s the Correct Line?

let's say I'm playing in a 5-handed 5/10 NL game.....

my image is very aggressive and tricky....I have $1000 and cover everyone....

say it's folded to me in CO and I make it $30 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

only caller is the button (short with $400)....he is a tight player but is also aware that I am capable of aggressively betting with nothing....his post-flop play is generally very straightforward....

flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

what's the correct line here?....

here's the problem as I see it:

say I lead out, villain's gonna fold any non-pair hand....if I lead out and he raises me, he could be doing it with any pair (including 44-77 or an 8 with a lower kicker) thinking that I'm auto-betting with no pair purely because I was the pre-flop raiser......what if I check and he bets?....then in either case, what's my plan for the turn?.....really it's the flop and turn I'm curious about because I think against this opponent the river would go check-check anyway.....so what's the best course of action for the flop and turn in this situation against this opponent?.....bet flop and check turn?....check/call flop and turn?......bet flop and fold to a raise?.....check flop bet turn?.....

your thoughts?.....