Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2004, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Answer To Patient77

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please please answer my question...i am dying for a response. a response directly related to you hiding behind your computer screen question. i really really don't think anyone, above the age of 13, can be that stupid. and for the last time, if you respond with the same babble about the media and over sensitivity and the fact that you not thinking asians are inferior makes it ok, i will leave this post forever. i'm sure everyone at two plus two will appreciate it.

mmcd, please, all im asking for is a response to the question. you say the reason many people won't make these type of jokes in a live game is obvious. TELL ME WHY. don't comment about anything else in your next post, just explain to someone like me why. is it because you are gonna look like a douchebag to make racial jokes like this in public? if so, why would you be any less of a douchebag to do it in an online poker room? answer this, im begging you to.

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is simple. In the online poker forum you can use a picture to represent "you". The image I chose originally was Cartman from South Park, and I played that character in my chat. Then I switched it to "cheeky chappy" from "Banzai!" who is obviously asian himself and was involved in a show with many stereotypes of asians, and now I act out that character in the online setting.

In a live setting I obviously do not have a picture representing me and thus will be myself since saying "velly rice" to an asian person when I am not obviously in character as online wouldn't look right.

[/ QUOTE ]

even though this is the absolute dumbest excuse/reason i've ever read and i'm definitely dumber for actually reading it, you did respond so i'll leave this post finally.

"who is obviously asian himself and was involved in a show with many stereotypes of asians, and now I act out that character in the online setting."

i cannot believe how stupid a line that is.....

i gotta go find a picture of Abu from the Simpsons, put it as my Poker Stars picture, and start making jokes about Indians and Indian-Americans. even though i'm not indian, I do have an indian friend, so it makes it okay for me to make fun of Indians because I'm ridiculing and imitating a character from mainstream TV. TO EVERYONE, no, im not a jackass for doing so, i'm expressing my right to make fun of others and am gonna try to fulfill my lifelong dream to be more like Grandgnu. in no way do i think Indians are inferior to me, so that makes it okay, because that means that my jokes aren't racist or demeaning, its all in the name of comedy.

Does my making fun of Indians, (and their accents), meet your standard of high comedy, Grandgnu? You and I will be pioneers in comedy, contact me if you'd like to give me pointers.

pateint77 out...