Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Discussion on the future of the beatable SNG

Woke up this Monday morning. Got in 8 SNG's before heading off to Friendly's for breakfast. Won 2 and placed in 2 others. Good to see the game (20+2) is still beatable at the toughest hours (I consider to be weekday in the AM).

Started thinking about the juicyness of the low level SNG. Last week was my toughest week in the 6 weeks I've gone semi-pro, but I still grinded through it and made 1100. Still about twice as much as any job I've had yet in my life... and it was my worst week.

Times are certainly good for serious poker players. For the most part, I am not butting heads against any other serious player. My opponents seem to have endless amounts of money that they don't mind parting with. I wonder... how long can this last?

I estimate that between 90 and 95% of all online players lose money in the long run. I am sure there are many a 2+2er that don't make any money from poker (but aren't too quick to discuss it). The question I am posing to you is this... how long can all this last for the 'good' poker player, who never has any intention of being great? How long can people keep dumping money into their online accounts and giving it out to the 10% or so of players that are profiting?

It simply cannot last forever... but how long will it? Thoughts and reasoning behind it would be appreciated.

I will post my thoughts on it after I gather them more.