Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Did I panic?

I know I am posting a lot of hands, but I am really trying to get a good feel for the game.

Thoughts on both pre-flop and my flop play are greatly apprciated.

Pokerroom $50 Max PLO 9 Handed

hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG Limps
UTG +1 (Maniac) Raises to $2
1 Fold
2 Calls
1 Fold
Button Calls
SB Calls
Hero Raises to $12

UTG Folds, 3 Calls, SB Folds.

So we are 5 to the flop for $12 Each pre- flop??????? This was not normal for the table, as I thought my big PFR raise would thin the field.

Stacks before the flop are me with aroun $85, the Maniac has about $50, and the other 3 have about $30 - $40 Each.

I am really worried here becuase my raise totally backfired and now I am playing a big pot multiway out of position.

Flop Comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I am first to act and Pot it. The table Folds.

My thinking here, is that this is a big pot and I'm happy to take it, or put someone else to the decision. I ahve the nuts right now, but no good redraws.

I thought if I checked the Maniac might put in a bet, but he would be likely to play low pockets the way he did, and be scared of the big pot with high cards.

So while I am happy to have taken a $50 pot, I wonder if I panicked. Could I have gone for a check raise here? Would taking a free card have hurt me? I was worried about pairing the board, or a second Spade or Club.

Please let me know your thoughts.