Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2004, 10:20 PM

Default Two 30$/60$ hands I\'d like your opinion about!

Hi guys,

Has been a while since I posted the last time, but anyways, here comes the meat:

1st hand:

I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. One UTG limper (bad player), one mp limper. SB completes, we take the flop 4 handed.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, MP calls, SB mucks.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG raises, MP mucks. I think for a moment, because UTG's usually a calling station who seldom raises. Can't really figure out what he has, because he plays nearly every hand. However, he doesn't seem to sure about his move, and I'm not done with my hand yet. So I call.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What a shitty card. I check, he bets, I muck. He then shows me two aces. Anyone played it different? Comments?

2nd hand:

I'm in the SB and I get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Same shitty player open raises in EP (he changed seats). Three players coldcall. I consider reraising, but I'm fairly certain, that I could only get the BB out, the EP raiser will from what I know so far from his play only call, and I wont get anyone out. So regarding my position, I deceide to just call and look how the flop comes. BB mucks.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet right out, hoping that EP will raise and clear the field. He does as expected and we only keep the button, who is very fishy too. Back to me, I threebet and they both call.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, both call.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, EP mucks, Button calls, and my hand is good.

Comments? Anyone reraising preflop?

Thanks a lot!