Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2004, 01:06 PM

Default The Dark Ages of America...

It really didnt matter to me that Bush was reelected, as i had said, i was 90% sure it would happen and Kerry probably would have been just as bad. However, the way states voted on gay marriage amendments is absouletely sickening.

The way this board talks about moral issues astounds me, the liberals "dont understand moral(e!) issues" and we need to make concessions to conservatives who blindly follow what the bible says, as if 2 men who love each other is really any different than a man and a woman loving each other. These elections have shown the south to be horrifically uncompassionate and shows how well they can disenfranchise a group of people. Maybe the bible really does say that it is a sin for 2 men or 2 women to be married, but even so, if the bible is going to dictate what is added to the constitution of certain states then we are in very big trouble.

These states are encouraging an atmosphere of hatred and misunderstanding towards gay and lesbian people and it is absouletely sickening. This election was all about "freedom from terrorists" and while we were at it we decided to take away the freedom of thousands and thousands of Americans. In the end, we will look back on this issue as we did on the way blacks were treated in the pre-civil rights world.

How about we make our country better by doing what we know is right instead of what the bible says/what southerners who obviously seem to have no understanding of homosexuality think? What a dark time in America this is.

rj