Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2004, 02:48 AM

Default Explanation

Hi Everyone:

Here's a partial explanation.

Why does McDonalds advertise. part of the reason is that their product relatively equal to their competition. But suppose their hamburgers were really ten times better than what Wendy's or Burger King had to offer. Everyone would eventually understand that this was the case, and they wouldn't need to advertise.

That's what we believe is happening with our books. Demand has been so great that we are having trouble keeping up. This includes filling orders and keeping books in print. And the reason is that new players who want to get better quickly hear that our books are the ones that you have to read.

Now with this being said, we do do some advertising and promoting. For example, right now we have a promotion going in Borders for a couple of our titles. Furthermore, it would certainly be nice if David or I won a big tournament, but I don't think the long term impact is that important.

In addition, since we do have books by Dan Harrington and "Fossilman" coming, we will have that area covered. But the main reason (I belive) that these books will do well is that they will be terrific books. That will allow them to stand the test of time and have great "legs."

Best wishes,
Mason