Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Poker tracker & Pacific microlimits

I've been looking to improve my play using Mangatang's recommended method, i.e., starting in the .10-.20 tables at Pacific and poring over WLLH as I go. I do feel like I've definitely gained some knowledge, but after about 11 hours of play my BR has declined at a rate of about .80/hour. What I'm wondering is, am I mistaken that Poker Tracker doesn't work with the Pacific interface? Is there some other tracking app I should be using?

I feel like I've been patient and waited for playable hands but been dealt 95% trash (Q4o, 83, 95, etc.), but gotten money in the pot when I did get cards... but as might be expected I've begun to second-guess myself. Not that I've changed my standards of hands to play - just wondering what's up, you know.

I recognize the silly looseness of the players around me at those tables, and yet I almost never seem to have the tools I need to make them pay. I don't know if maybe I'm letting playable opportunities go by, or laying down hands too readily on the turn or the river or something, who knows.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.