Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Who Shuffles?

[ QUOTE ]
At my games we use two decks, one red one blue that way they don't get mixed up. The dealer shuffles the deck that they will deal, the person to their right cuts the deck, and the dealer deals. Meanwhile the person to the dealers left is shuffling the deck not in play, the theory is that it will be ready to deal as soon as the current hand is over. Using two decks really helps to keep the game moving along without much dead time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the general guide we follow, but only because it seems to make sense. It's not like we set down rules about it.

I always play with two decks. I NEVER make a set rule about who shuffles. Whoever wants to shuffle can do it, why not? I am a fast shuffler, so I ususally shuffle most of the time anyway.

I played at a home game a couple of weeks ago, and the rules were STRICT on who shuffles, and it was taking a lot of time and causing confusion trying to get these rules just right. I tried to offer shuffling full time and they were having none of that. These guys also used the Small Blind button and the Big Blind button, which I never found I needed. No one else liked having to shuffle three buttons on every hand.

Ten