Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Are Americans/Politicians losing intelligence per new generations?

I can't imagine Clinton, Kerry, Bush, Reagan, et cetera being responsible for writing a document anywhere near on par with the U.S. constitution or the Declaration of Independence, or other literary works put forth by the founding fathers. I saw a poll a couple months back, 65% of 8th graders don't know who the first president of the United States is, granted I think all polls are bullshit... but I have to admit Americans are getting stupid. Kids seem to pre-occupied with, "Were am I gun get my dro from cuz Joe got bustd." I mean our generation's great literary author is Stephen King... Stephen King. I don't know yes I'm being partial and I know i'm probaly wrong because yes there are intelligent people, but this is what it seems to me to be.

Also i've noticed 14 year old geeks with a computer more often than not tend to be liberal. I was discussing this with a friend, See the liberal explanation for the overwhelming majority of Bush Supporters in the military are that conservatives are more likely to join the Armed Services. So lets say theres 50% liberals/50% conservatives in a particular age group of 18-24. If 80% of the 600,000 people oversea's are republicans, then I assume that liberals now have a 480,000 stronger population base for that particular age group. I'm estimating these numbers just to prove my point, but by their theorem my point is:
While 480,000 conservatives are oversea's defending our country... 480,000 liberal liberal's are at home on their computer bitching about it. Seriously online polls Kerry is ahead by a landslide, but real polls show otherwise. What is it about computers that make people liberal-- and don't say people with computers are smarter. Most bush supporters are older and a little wiser, more respectable. Thats another little assumption of mine.