Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Underaged Poker

i find it amazing that people as young as 14 are playing on party for cash.

is this the downside to the constant TV exposure that has caused the boom in the game. if so someone point me to the exit sign.

i started playing at 17 for play chips on stars to learn the game (having had my interest tweeked by late night poker, a TV show shown here in england).

then at 18 i played for cash on ladbrokes (only site i could find back then thatd take my switch card). now at 20 im looking back at the big mistakes i made in poker when 18.

im personally against all underage gambling. if you want to do it, do so, im not gonna constantly tell you the perils of doing so, but dont brag about it on here.

i think if a moderator is reading this he may have a real moralistic problem in that he may have to report this to someone such as GA, or other help group (i know id consider it in their position). at only 14 now 15 im sure you dont realise the danger that gambling can have. id expect a PM if they do, and please take it seriously if they do.

if you insist on playing, id give you the advice of everyone and that is spend as much time learning the game as you do playing it. and if you do lose dont go out and sue everyone for being a party to your mistake.

finally, dont give up on academic work. i regretted not going to university when 18, so ive gone now at 20. if you wake up and realise youve pissed high school up the wall its not as easy as filling out a form and sending it to a school or college when you realise you wish youd kept your head in a book other than a 2+2 book.

my first, (probably) last and only older gambler to young underage gambler speech.

Phill