Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Good time for a stop and go? Under 2xBB with 15 players left...

$20 NL tourney on Party Poker. 1800 entries and we're down to the final 15. My goal is to win the tourney and with the blinds at 10000/20000 and a stack of 35000 I will be pushing in the BB with almost any decent hand. Folded to the SB who limps in. I have JT suited and push. He thinks for a little bit and calls the extra 15000 since he is getting almost 4-1 odds.

Results are 45 offsuit for him and a flop off K22, turn is blank and river is a 5 knocking me out. I thought the limp by him preflop was weak but he had a stack of about 100,000 and obviously didn't care risking another 10% of his stack to see a flop or another 15% to call my all-in (but he was getting good odds for that).

My first question is how would you play 45 offsuit in this situation? Seems to me that this is an all-in or fold situation with a short stack in the BB. 45 offsuit is not a strong hand and would be at best a coin flip against almost any hand I could be holding.

My second question is whether this is a good spot for a stop and go? I was going all-in with that hand no matter what and since he limped he might fold on a scary flop. If I had 45 I would probably not stick around to see the turn or river on a flop like K22 but getting 4-1 odds could be worth it. Any thoughts?