Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Waiting for the turn to raise.....

Very loose live 6/12 game. Hero is in mid postion with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Two limpers to me, I raise. BB stays, as do the two limpers.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB bets out, one fold, one call, and the action is to me. I figure this is a good example of Ed's waiting for the turn to raise, as the pot is big, and anyone on a flush draw is not going to leave if I raise. Since I have two J's, it is less likely that one of my opponents have one, and more likely they have a flush draw, though there is a possible straight draw out. So, I call, with the intention of raising any non-spade on the turn.

Turn is not a good card, it is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB bets out. The guy in the middle now raises. Hero calls two bets cold, figuring the guy has a made straight, and is hoping to pair the board. BB calls the raise.

River is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, guy in the middle checks, hero checks.

BB shows: ?

Guy in the middle shows: ?

Hero.....? Should he have called the two cold on the turn, or continued with his plan to raise any non spade?

Results in a while.