Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2004, 11:12 PM

Default How badly did I mismanage the cowboys?

Poker Room 1/2 - 7 handed

Villain in this hand is a LAG, 35/15. He is very aggressive when he decides to play, usually. This hand was a little strange which is what threw me off, I think.

Hero is UTG+2 with KK, UTG+1 Posts

UTG Folds, UTG+1 Checks, Hero Raises, CO Calls, Button Folds, SB Calls, BB Folds, UTG +1 (Poster) Folds

Flop: (3 Players) 2 A 5 Rainbow

SB Checks, Hero Bets, CO Raises, Hero...

Does anyone fold this here? I didn't, but I'm starting to think I should have. This raise usually means that AK is toast, but since this guy is very LAGgy, I thought I might still have a shot.

Hero Calls, SB Folds

Turn: Q (suit unimportant)

Hero Checks, CO Bets, Hero Calls

Basically, I think that the only thing I beat here is a bluff. Is a typical LAG bluffing here often enough for me to be calling this down?

River: 6 (Completing the rainbow)

Hero Checks, CO Bets, Hero Calls.

There really weren't any super draws here, and I think all I could beat was a bluff. Anyone care to tell me I'm wrong? Unfortunately, I think I just fell in love with these kings and couldn't let them go. I convinced myself that my LAG opponent was probably bluffing this time and that this was a good hand to catch him with.

As it turns out, he WAS bluffing. The problem is, he was bluffing with the best hand. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

He showed A9o to take the pot.

Should I have raised this hand at any point? Should I have folded it when he raised the flop, or I didn't improve on the turn?

Dov