Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Rate my wimpiness

...on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "WATCH OUT FOR FALLING ROCKS" (I live in the midwest).

One middlish limper and I raise from the cutoff with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Only limper calls.

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He checks, I bet, he calls.

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] He checks, I bet, he raises. I just called.

In my defense, it took a lot to fight off the urge to 3-bet. Since I had two of the sixes I liked my straight. But I thought he might have raised pre-flop with an ace, so I couldn't be sure he wasn't bluffing which meant I'm risking 4 bets to win nothing more. I wasn't worried about anything he could have in particular, but when I added it all up (paired board, backdoor flush, chance for better straight, etc.) added to the chance I'd have to pay off a 4th bet, re-raising didn't appeal to me. So I decided to forego the chance to maybe make one more bet and just called.

Would anyone here have just called like I did? Or is failing to re-raise the sign of a TRUE weak/tight wimp? Thanks.