Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Desperately seeking help on my game

Over the course of the last month, I have been running incredibly bad. Over my first 1000+ tournaments at the 20 and 30 level on party poker, I was a ~30% ROI player 4 tabling. The tide has seemingly turned, however, and now, over my last 300 SNG's I am looking at a barely positive ROI of about 2%.

For a while, it was easy to blame it on bad beats and bad luck, knowing that it will all work out in the end if I continue to play my game. I kept telling myself I was bringing my A game, but I think I need to draw the line here. I almost have to be delusional, and something in my game must be broken. I suppose the games could have gotten slightly more difficult, but that couldn't account for the extreme drop I've experienced.

I'm going to post some HH's at random into this post, and I'm asking you, my fellow 2+2'ers, to go through one or two if you have a minute and see if you find any holes in my game that may have developed over time.

Also, I'll throw in my finishes over the last 300 as it may help in the search for holes.

1-28
2-40
3-38
4-48
5-57
6-35
7-30
8-11
9-7
10-6

I've never had a high ITM due to playing very aggressive on the bubble and in the money, hoping to accumulate more first place finishes. Something seems to be off now, though, and I've really got to find out what that problem might be.

Thanks in advance for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

And now for some HH's (I'll try to vary these with some different finishes)...