Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2004, 02:14 AM

Default KQs Blind Battle Against a 2+2er

I've recently made the move up to 2/4, so I am having to get used to playing against TAGs, and also the occasional battle over the blinds. Here is a hand against a 2+2er that I was kinda lost on. I 3-bet preflop because I figured he would raise any half-decent holdings there. When he capped, I had to believe I was behind, either to a pocket pair or better overcards, possibly dominated. I thought about raising the flop to see if he still liked his hand, but I dont see how the flop could have changed his holdings. Is this pretty weak? Comments appreciated...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5 BB, won by SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to SB.</font>