Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2002, 05:57 PM

Default Heads-up play versus a smart maniac

Given the limited amount of information on heads-up hold'em play in the standard poker literature, perhaps someone can offer me some advice for a game of heads-up hold'em with a kill.

Let me preface this by saying that I regularly beat 10-20 short-handed games online, but this heads-up game with a friend of mine is proving difficult.

My opponent (who is a very smart guy and a tight player at full games) has developed a strategy where he often raises complete trash hands and even defends junk like 62s, or 23off. He will raise trash in and out of position, and from the blinds. I generally three-bet with mid and high PPs and AK through A10s. I call with most suited one and two gappers, small pairs, Ax and Kx suited, 2 cards 9 or over, and some middle off-suit connectors with position.

For draws, I typically call using the advice found in HFAP.

Our games tend to involve huge swings and he seems to be winning more often than me. It's not a blow-out, but I think I am missing something.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Raise Da Roof