Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2004, 10:48 PM

Default A tough 55 Party hand

The flop gave me two ways to play this hand. I don't really want to say which way I picked yet, so one of the choices has been modified a little from the way the hand went down.
What do you do in either situation?

Villain in this hand is a bit loose. He's limped K9s in EP with 700 chips left in level 3, raised a minimum bet from the blind to 100 on a KT2 flop, then called the all in (for another 500 chips) and doubled up when the BB's T2 was counterfeited. On level 4, he CC'd a 300 all in and call in front with 9's and doubled up again when he hit a set. That's about the extent of the action thus far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed)

UTG (t1895)
Hero (t2160)
CO (t1390)
Button (t1265)
SB (t240)
BB (t3050)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t325</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t225, UTG folds.

<font color="red">Variant 1 </font>
Flop: (t800) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t1000</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero...</font>

<font color="red">Variant 2</font>
Flop: (t800) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero checks.</font>

Turn: (t800) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t500</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero...</font>

Again, I'm not saying which one of these is the real hand or what the BB had yet. What would you do here?

(2.5: In variant 1, assume you both have another 2000 chips apiece, you call the CR, the king hits the turn and BB goes all in. Do you call? In hand 2, assume you call, a blank hits the river and BB goes all in. Do you call?)