Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2004, 04:27 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default NBC and MSNBC pull a \"Dan Rather\"

NBC has joined CBS in biasing its so called "fact checks" into anti-Bush distortions now.

After the debate: Brian Williams, NBC, did a "fact check" on Cheney where he said he never claimed Iraq was directly responsible for 9-11. Williams then played a Meet the Press clip, Sept. 14, 2003 where Cheney seemed to contradict this. Williams (and Chris Matthews) claimed that Cheney didn't have his facts right (possibly implying he lied).

CHENEY EXCERPT PLAYED BY WILLIAMS "...now we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

HOWEVER THIS IS THE CONTEXT OF THAT QUOTE

VICE PRES. CHENEY: ...if we can stand up a good representative government in Iraq, that secures the region so that it never again becomes a threat to its neighbors or to the United States, so it’s not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, so that it’s not a safe haven for terrorists, now we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11. They understand what’s at stake here. That’s one of the reasons they’re putting up as much of a struggle as they have, is because they know if we succeed here, that that’s going to strike a major blow at their capabilities.

MR. RUSSERT: So the resistance in Iraq is coming from those who were responsible for 9/11?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No, I was careful not to say that.

SO, CHENEY DID NOT SAY IRAQ WAS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR 9-11!! HE EVEN DENIED KNOWING OF A SPECIFIC IRAQ CONNECTION TO 9-11 EARLIER IN THE INTERVIEW!

Meet the Press Transcript 9/14/2003

I am expecting elwoodblues to call for Brain Williams to be fired any time now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]