Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Why do I have so much trouble moving up?

A year ago I played a lot of 3/6. Like a lot of posters here, I won a fair amount of money. And then at some point my expectations got out of wack from reality - I lost a bit, lost a bit more, tilted, and so on. When it was all said and done I had withdrawn the bulk of my bankroll (to protect it from myself) and I began again -- much like what Gamblor was discussing.

Since then, I've done the same thing a few times. Building small amounts of money to moderate amounts, cashing out, and so on.

In the last couple of months I've become determined to move on. I do believe I can beat games higher than 2/4, but lately that's what I stick myself at.

Bankroll is not really the issue - - I am more than bankrolled for 3/6, approaching 5/10. It's the actual money involved, I think.

I just played a 3/6 hand a moment ago. I raised with AKs, got two callers and was bet into on the flop. I raised, and bet the turn. On the river, checked to me, and I wanted to check behind. I wanted to, but I know he'll call with many, many hands I beat. I bet, he called, my hand is good but I find that my hands are sweating.

Playing 2/4 it's automatic.

Why is there this much difference for me? And what can I do to get over it?

I also have weird tilt issues with bankroll levels in general -- say I sit down with $2200 in my bankroll. I win $130, and have $2330. Then I lose $40. For some reason, this irritates me as I've dropped below some sort of weird "mark" of $2,300.

I have some weird money issues and I'm trying to find ways to get over them.

ElSapo