Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Need some quick advice on playing in BAD SnGs

First off, forgive me cause I'm sure similar questions have been asked on this forum. I've been playing limit hold'em for about a year now. It's only been the past two months that I have begun to play in some no-limit tournaments (they have been springing up all over town). This weekend there is a four day festive and hold'em SnG's are going to be going on non-stop. Last night I played in one and just couldn't get it going. From what I saw last night these games are BAD. Out of the 11 at the table I would say 3 knew what the heck they were doing (one guy went all-in on the first hand with his pocket 5's when the board was K-J-8). The thing is those three were just being butchered by the other 8 horrible players. Not because of bad play it just seemed like we were out numberd by fish (Does that even make sense?) I finished 6th and in my whole time sitting there I NEVER saw a pre-flop raise, but almost everyone saw the flop. Ok, you all now the type of games I'm talking about so on to my question. I have a feeling most of the games this weekend are going to be this way, how should I approach this. I play REALLY tight, do I need to loosen up (Last night I didn't really loose any hands, I just got blinded out and then couldn't really get forceful when I had a hand because I didn't have any cash)? Should I get ultra aggressive, seeing that the games play like limit? I thought about that, but I really don't think anyone would ever fold (this is a festival and people are there to gamble) OK, enough rambling, any tips for a limit ring-game player trying to figure out no-limit tourney's would be appreciated!

Thanks