Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Is Chris Brown Really Wrong? Or do we have a jaded perspective?

Chris -

I couldn't agree with you more with respect to simply getting up and leaving. Particularly when considering you never know who you are going to ask outside! (you may not live to learn that lesson).

And you are correct, it isn't smart. This however is part of my point. Those who have a deeper and greater perspective of life can understand and control themselves in these situations.

Some however, are not as intelligent or may lack the couth that is required to maintain one's composure. Other's may be completely oblivious to any other potential solution to a problem than that of fighting. Because the majority of the respondents on this site are of a greater intellect (and therefore would not be quick to resort to physical violence) I was trying to assert an insight into why and how somebody would react that way.

I was further trying to encourage people to refrain from making such a value judgement, that Erostratus or any person reacting that way is "wrong" so to speak. For many, that is all they know. And until they know different, they may be misguided, but not necessarily WRONG.

Utlimately though, I agree with your points Chris. They are very well stated and well received.

Thanks