Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Treading water online

Does anyone else find themselves unable to progress beyond a certain level when playing online? Not in terms of betting limits, but in terms of overall profit/bankroll?

I've been playing for around 12 months, at limits from $1-$2 to, more recently, $4-$8 and $5-10. I have noticed that I can consistently beat the games for $20 - $80 per hour, depending on the limit and type of game. However, everytime my bankroll hits the $1000 mark, it all goes wrong. A combination of bad luck, and bad players hitting miracle rivers hand after hand, sends me on a big loser for several hundred $$$. (The last few $ are probably down to tilt play after unbelievable beats.)

I'm not complaining about bad beats, but the strange pattern of consistently winning for a while, and then horrendous losing streak where I will miss 24 out of 25 flush draws, and dreamers playing J-2 against a pre-flop raise hitting their two pair or trips.

Does anyone else find their bankroll is 'held' at a certain level by the poker Gods, or is it just me?