Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Microlimits Progress Quest: Post plans/updates/setbacks here.

This month has been about developing the right mental approach. Luckily enough, I think I'm finally starting to take some steps in the right direction. I say 'luckily' because things could easily have taken an unfortunate turn.

The psychological aspects of the game are much more difficult to get a handle on than the technical bits... and I haven't exactly been ripping it up in that area either. It's easy to post a hand and ask people if you should have done something differently, but it doesn't work quite so well when the mistakes are more esoteric. Experience seems to be the only remedy.

The long run is longer than you think. How often have you heard this said? Well, hearing and believing are very different things. I've now played in excess of 75,000 hands, and each time I think I'm coming to terms with the numbers involved something dramatically unexpected happens. At some point, you have to let go of the short term and settle into the glacial pace of the low limit grind. I'm more or less where I need to be, and more importantly, exactly where I should be. Now it's simply a matter of playing the hand I've been dealt.

Spent a little time at 2/4, and was fairly comfortable. Plan to play a lot more this month.

Also made my first cashout. I'm now officially playing with other people's money.

The trees were just growing leaves when I started this project, and those leaves are now dropping off. Crazy.

I often wonder where I'll be when they come back again.

Lots of new faces in the micro forum. It's good to see, even if it sometimes makes me feel like a lifer. Best wishes to all as you pursue your own microquests.