Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Party thoughts from the Uber-troll

Some old, some new in this post. First the old.

I am still convinced that Party/Empire deals out board cards that favor the underdog hand. My research is 6 months old but I doubt they've changed anything. Any details about my research can be found searching on my handle. I'm not defending any of those old issues in this thread. Suffice it to say that Party/E have always given a subtle and difficult to detect helping hand to underdogs, most often the losers. Humor me here, I promise it will be interesting.

Party came outta nowhere and grabbed so much market share so fast I was awestruck. Looking back I suspect that the fish really enjoyed the help, stretching their bankroll, hitting a few more suckouts, that kinda thing. The pros liked the games and the site blossomed. I believe a major reason for their success was the helping hand.

Now this helping hand must be paid for and the good players pay the bill. My new thought is that maybe it's a free lunch. Perhaps the cost is offset by the fishiness of the games? Without the help there'd be a lot less easy pickings and the games would be much less profitable.

I resisted playing at Party for a long while. I didn't like the early reports and stayed away. When I did finally get and account I was amazed at how sh+tty the software was. The games were fishy as could be but I didn't rack up the really big wins I would expect. Even today, my win rate at UB is much better than Party. Who knows?

There exists today a large number of winning Party players that have almost zero B&M poker experience and little time spent at other sites. They are Party childern and all looks right with their world. How would they know something is amiss?

Uber-troll since 2004