Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Not 1, but 3 crying river calls

It's kinda sick that I'm actually proud of myself for not folding a winner here. Could it be I'm finally starting to get the hang of online?

1 MP limper and I raise from the cutoff with 88. The button cold calls and the bb makes it 3 bets. We all call. 4-way.

The flop comes T98r. bb bets, mp folds, i raise, button cold-calls, bb 3 bets, i cap, button cold-calls, bb calls.

The turn is a T. bb checks, i bet, button raises, bb calls two-cold, i re-raise, button caps, bb calls two cold, i call.

the river is a Q putting up a backdoor flush (irrelevant). bb bets and i make my first crying call. it's a crying call because at this point i'm worried the button could have TT,99,T9, or T8. sure enough the button raises and the bb 3 bets. i make my 2nd crying call for TWO COLD!! the button caps it, the bb calls and i make my final crying call.

the button had ATo for 3 tens. the bb JJ for a straight.

i suppose i could see how a reckless player might think a straight is good, even though there's a flush out, the board is paired and it went 4 bets on the flop AND turn. But how on earth can anyone think 3 tens have a chance with a flush out, a 4 card straight on board, and 3 people going 4 bets on the flop, another 4 on the turn, with STILL more raising the river?

While I'm happy to take the 36 big bets that were in this pot, this hand depresses me more when I think about why I'm only beating these games for less than .5bb's/100 hands.

Anyway, I can thank this forum for winning this hand. I actually considered folding but then I thought, "Do I really want to post this fold on 2+2?". That's when I decided to call ALL bets on the river! Thanks guys..