Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2004, 04:08 AM

Default outdraws

This is not a moan, nor a plea for the Bad Beat Police to come find me, but lately i have noticed that in general i seem to suffer more outdraws than i would have thought was typical and i seldom seem to outdraw others. I am not looking for sympathy but rather a critique of why, and more importantly why am i not outdrawing people.

I tend to play 10 and 20 sng's and my roi is healthy at 50% and my ITM is also about 50%. More importantly, i don't know if this is relevant, but my 7th - 10th placings only account for about 13/14%. Basically, this shows that I am not a risk taker early on and therefore am less likely to outdraw someone by staying in to the river. Early on if i have middle pair or top pair weak kicker, i will generally fold. As for draws, well they are just death.

My question, therefore is should i be more aggresive and stay in for marginal hands hoping my open ended straight draw or even gutshot draw comes off and risk coming in the bottom 4 more often but when they do come off have more chips to dominate the table, or do i stick to my tight aggresive game which seems to do well, and when i get rivered yet again by a horrendous outdraw, just smile through gritted teeth and get on with it.

Thanks....