Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Mediocre 3 Flushes

I primarily play in a dime ante $1/2 game online, which allows me to play tight enough to navigate two tables at once. Obviously, I try not to get involved in too many marginal situations, since there isn't much point in it.

This type of hand comes up every 30 minutes or so, and I don't know how to play it.

I have (2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Bring In showing 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] pays the $.50.
Besides him two more of my diamonds are dead, and a 9 and 4 are dead too. It's called in 4 places and the action is on me to close 3rd.... do you make the call?

It's a $.50 call into a $3.20 pot (7 handed), but is this starter simply too awful to gamble on? As we all know, when 6 people see 4th St there's a decent chance a small flush won't even hold up if it hits.

Another variation of this example....
I hold (T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bring it in for $.50. Two of my hearts are dead this time, as well as 2 tens. An Ace to my left raises, it's called in one place by a Queen; action's on me.
Again it's a $.50 call into a $3.20 pot... should I make it?

Good news is my flush is slightly more alive, and there's a better chance of it or some other accidental hand of holding up only 3 handed; bad news is that it'll be hard to disguise my flush if it hits, and the Ace is sure to charge me on every street.

How do you fellas play this one?