Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2004, 11:52 AM

Default AA monster in CO-2

Last night in a somewhat loose, live 9/18 game (I've seen about 6 hands, but this is the 2nd I've been dealt in).

EP2 calls, MP calls, I raise w/A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button calls.

I don't know EP2 and he hasn't played a hand that I've seen, MP is very loose passive and kind of in a daze. Button is a little loose and unimaginative, but otherwise a solid player.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP2 check, EP3 check, I bet, Button calls, EP2 folds, MP calls. Turn 3 handed.

I was paying most of my attention to the Button who I thought may have hit an A. Not sure. MP could have had anything from a set to a draw.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP bets. I call, sensing a chance to build a pot and the Button calls. Also, I did a little acting here. When the bet came out, I was a little surprised, paused about 1 second and tossed the call in.

I'm wondering if the call is correct here. This game does get wild from time to time and a raise would not have been totally out of character - besides, I wanted to know what the Button would do. If I raise, the chances of the button folding seemed strong. If I call and the button raises, I re-raise.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet, Button raise, MP folds, I re-raise, Button calls and shows JTc.

Given the call on the turn and my read of an A for the button (and the fact that many hands get checked on the river in this game) I wonder if I should have gone for the check raise.

Thoughts? Problems in how I played it?

File under: Big pot won, could I have won more?