Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Four-handed in the BB

I don't know if maybe this is more appropriate for the SNG forum, considering that the tourney started with only 16, but I'll post here.

This hand took place in a $100+10 live tournament. Four players left, two of whom have been riding unlikely double-ups to their placing and only one of whom is a comparable (actually better) player to/than the hero.

Bad player in the SB (TC ~7000)
Hero in the BB (TC 7700)
Best player UTG (TC ~10000)
Weak unknown UTG +1 (TC ~8000)

32,000 TC in play
Blinds TC 700/1500
Ante TC 200

SB posts TC 700
Hero posts TC 1500

Hero dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG raises to TC 4000
UTG+1 folds
SB folds

My action, TC 2500 to call with TC 6000 left. What's my line here? I know that I'm clearly better than the two other medium/small stacks, and the villain is a better player than me.

Anyone push here? The blinds are so significant that you're seeing raises with any ace, which seems like a good reason NOT to push.

If I call, is 3500 enough to fold with if the flop misses me (with 5500 in the pot)?

Does anyone fold here with just over two orbits worth of chips left? Please save the comments about how I should play tournaments with a better blind structure. This structure sucks (especially towards the end), but it's the best one around.

Next post I'll elaborate the rest of the hand.