Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 AM

Default Poker Dilemma

In part because I am a moron, I have lost my $1,750 bankroll at Paradise. There are plenty of bad bear stories, but I also wasn’t properly bankrolled to play at the limits that I was at. I have an $18,525 roll at Party but don’t really feel like risking any of it during the school year. I just transferred this year to a new school and have plenty to do and keep me busy. The last thing I need is to experience the rollercoaster of the $10/20 6 max game that I typically play.

So what I am proposing to do is start completely over again at Paradise with my $3.92 that I have left in my account. I would be playing at the .02/.04 tables, but does make any sense for someone who has the money to play at higher limits? I just don’t feel comfortable or emotionally ready to play the big stakes at this time. I would like to hear your thoughts on my plan. Perhaps it’s just best to scrap poker altogether while I am at school, but I am worried about becoming rusty.

If I were to follow through with my plan I would accumulate 100 big bets before proceeding to the next level. And to make sure that I followed it precisely I was thinking about posting a bi-weekly or weekly update.

I’ll cut myself off before I start to ramble, but I would greatly appreciate any comments.