Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Fold?? Never.

[ QUOTE ]
1)knocking out one of the players and getting the other to fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea rite, no one will fold a better hand on turn than yours. you open raised from button.

[ QUOTE ]
In the long run, folding is always going to net you a loss here. Playing this aggressively will net you a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe my opinions don't count, but i completely disagree.

Kenny
Old 05-15-2004, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Common Situation

"Since these are typical 30-60 players I don't think there is much of a chance at a free card on the turn. A good chance of a free card would certianly change this fold to a raise."

In Vegas, there's an excellent chance of a free card on the turn is you 3-bet here. The typical 30-60 player in Vegas retracts when pressured. You raised pre-flop and now 3-bet on the flop. They will fear an overpair and another raise on the turn. And the 3-bet may well knock out the small blind right now.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:31 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

I beginning to think that the 30/60 players in our only 30/60 game in the city aren't what you call typical.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:33 AM

3-bet of course.

u always think drawing hand is the favorite to win the pot? actually we need soem players like that in our game! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2004, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Vegas, there's an excellent chance of a free card on the turn is you 3-bet here. The typical 30-60 player in Vegas retracts when pressured. You raised pre-flop and now 3-bet on the flop. They will fear an overpair and another raise on the turn. And the 3-bet may well knock out the small blind right now

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'm almost convinced that 3-betting is best. But I got a couple more questions. What would a typical 30-60 cap with on the flop, and what would they smooth call 3 with but lead the turn with?
Old 05-15-2004, 04:55 AM

CAll me weak-tight but id' fold.
you have possibly 6 outs and a backdoor flush draw and it's bet and raised to you. I think your ahead right now 0% of the time and your a or k could be tainted.

Question: if a mp limper limped you raised with AKs and the bb called and the limper called, the flop came down the same and the action was the same would you play your hand the same? why or why not?
Old 05-15-2004, 05:01 AM

I'll awnser my question myself,
Of course Id' play the hand differently, if your raising a limper you would be given more respect then if you open raised on the button. This means your opponents will act differently. If you raised a limper, and the hand was bet and raised to you your outs are much more likely to be no good.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Fold?? Never.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)knocking out one of the players and getting the other to fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea rite, no one will fold a better hand on turn than yours. you open raised from button.

[ QUOTE ]
In the long run, folding is always going to net you a loss here. Playing this aggressively will net you a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe my opinions don't count, but i completely disagree.

Kenny

[/ QUOTE ]
The addition of a third player here makes it more likely that one of them will drop after a re-raise, not neccasarily the fact they initialy put you on a steal. On the turn you can make a decision after you see one of the 16 cards that give you a draw or 6 of the cards that make your hand. The Q or 10 hits, check behind, if a club hits semi-bluff, if a blank hits, decide if your ahead or not and what you put your oppoenet on and make a decision.And by the way your A or K are most likely good outs. People do call steal raises with way more than suited A's or K's. Being scared of 2 pair here is ridiculous.

Your opinions count, but playing to always save money when you miss your hand with AK after typical 30-60 players most likely put you on a steal and test you is poor poker. I mean, you didn't steal with 10-8 and miss. AK is good at showdown here often enough if you play to get it heads up.
These guys will never pay you off later either should you hit a hand, as you'd be a bit more readable.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Since these are typical 30-60 players I don't think there is much of a chance at a free card on the turn. A good chance of a free card would certianly change this fold to a raise."

In Vegas, there's an excellent chance of a free card on the turn is you 3-bet here. The typical 30-60 player in Vegas retracts when pressured. You raised pre-flop and now 3-bet on the flop. They will fear an overpair and another raise on the turn. And the 3-bet may well knock out the small blind right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:09 AM

Make it 3 bets, check the turn and call the river if u dont improve