Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 12:55 AM

Default OK, maybe its time to get rid of my rock icon...

Party 200 PL. I have $220, villain has me covered.
Villain is a semi-regular, but I don't have much of a read on him (gotta get that pokertracker thingy...)

So- I'm in the SB with 97d. I complete after 4 limpers. BB checks.

Flop: 742 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I pot it for $22, Villain (CO-1) thinks for a couple seconds and calls.

Turn: offsuit Q. I pot it for $66. Villain thinks for most of his time and calls.

River: Offsuit 8. I think for a couple seconds and push in for $125.

Thoughts? Will do it a little differently this time and save results/discussion for later.

-muz
Old 04-17-2004, 01:20 AM

Default Re: OK, maybe its time to get rid of my rock icon...

I really don't like the river bet.

After he called the turn I think its safe to say he either had a little something or was drawing to flush or straight.

If he is drawing to the flush he has nothing and won't call your river bet. If he was drawing to the straight with 56 he hits on the river, or he had 35 or something and missed and won't call.

Now if he had something, like A7 or a medium pair > 7 he is probably also calling the river since he already called 66 on turn and its now 125 to call and the pot stands around 270.

So I think if you were prepared to go all in anyway better to check to him with the intention of calling. That way you pick up the pots he might bluff at with the broken draws.

I just don't see you driving him off a hand like A7, or Qx which seems the only reason to bet out.

BTW, I have played against you a few times and I must say this does seem an out of character move. So, at least posting this hand will get me thinking next time I play you - just go back to rock mode and I'll pay you off thinking you are getting frisky [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: OK, maybe its time to get rid of my rock icon...

[ QUOTE ]
Party 200 PL. I have $220, villain has me covered.
Villain is a semi-regular, but I don't have much of a read on him (gotta get that pokertracker thingy...)

So- I'm in the SB with 97d. I complete after 4 limpers. BB checks.

Flop: 742 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I pot it for $22, Villain (CO-1) thinks for a couple seconds and calls.

Turn: offsuit Q. I pot it for $66. Villain thinks for most of his time and calls.

River: Offsuit 8. I think for a couple seconds and push in for $125.

Thoughts? Will do it a little differently this time and save results/discussion for later.

-muz

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, you are really changing your style. Ill have to keep an eye out.

River bet is excessive, no? If he is going to fold, he should do it for less.

If he has you pegged as "rock", he might not put you on a draw, and is baiting you with a set.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: OK, maybe its time to get rid of my rock icon... (bump)

muz- how did things roll out?