Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 05:55 AM

Default Obvious or oblivious?

20/40 is relatively tight for Commerce.

Loosest player open raises from late position. SB, who I’ve not seen get out of line, calls. I have AA in the BB and three bet. I get a lot of respect. The LP calls. Now the SB caps. I call, LP calls.

Flop is K97r.

I bet. LP raises. SB calls two cold. He has less than $100 left. I three bet. Both call.

Turn is a 8.

I bet. LP raises. SB calls all-in.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Obvious or oblivious?

Many loose players play better after the flop. He must read you for at least AK or AA. With all the strength you've shown and the all-in protection, he has a hand, probably two pair or a straight. With 8 outs vs. two pair and a pot which will grow to about 18 big bets, I would call down.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Obvious or oblivious?

hi gabe
i don't like it. call the SB raise and check-call the river unless you pair the board favorably. it looks a whole lot like the LP has K9. you played it great by the way.

unfortunately, not quite as often as it seems, but frequently enough, the loose players draw out or flop solidly against the better players. congradulate them, and realize that these type players contribute more to the game than any other.