Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:21 AM

Default 40-80 mind games made easy

Five or six to the flop in an unraised pot. I’m in the big blind with some rag I can’t remember. Flop is like J62 two spades. It’s checked to a good, little too loose, thinking player on the button who bets. He would bet any pair here, a draw, and could try to seal it. I decide to check raise with nothing and see if I can take it away from him. He shoots me a look and calls. A small non spade hits the turn and I follow through with a bet. He says “Haaaaank, I know you have a flush draw”, and calls. Now I know he has a little something and am done with the hand unless …. the river is a spade and I fire. He looks discussed, folds, and walks away from the table.

He really should have kept quiet. Level three thinking surely is easier when he tells me what he thinks I’ve got (and tell me what he's got for that matter). It might even be better than seeing his cards. As he walked away I told him he played too good.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: 40-80 mind games made easy

[ QUOTE ]
Five or six to the flop in an unraised pot. I’m in the big blind with some rag I can’t remember. Flop is like J62 two spades. It’s checked to a good, little too loose, thinking player on the button who bets. He would bet any pair here, a draw, and could try to seal it. I decide to check raise with nothing and see if I can take it away from him. He shoots me a look and calls. A small non spade hits the turn and I follow through with a bet. He says “Haaaaank, I know you have a flush draw”, and calls. Now I know he has a little something and am done with the hand unless …. the river is a spade and I fire. He looks discussed, folds, and walks away from the table.

He really should have kept quiet. Level three thinking surely is easier when he tells me what he thinks I’ve got (and tell me what he's got for that matter). It might even be better than seeing his cards. As he walked away I told him he played too good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post doesn't belong in this forum...

also...it's <disgusted> not <discussed>

try posting things like this in the general forum
Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the absolute bottom of the 2P2 barrel. You just got told off by Tex. Ouch.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM

NH
Old 11-04-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the absolute bottom of the 2P2 barrel. You just got told off by Tex. Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 PM

Better post than 90% of Tx's posts.

Thx.

Nick
Old 11-04-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better post than 90% of Tx's posts.

Thx.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

No need for that.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:55 PM

why are you making this mod job hard....

i dont want to move this now because that was a hilarious jab...

unfortunately i still think its in the forum's best interest to move it to general...

Barron
Old 11-04-2005, 03:58 PM

Live against a thinking player, he shouldn't need to say anything for you to fire again on the spade river. You should already know that he may well be thinking this.

By the way, this is exactly why you shouldn't make this move on this board with so many opponents. Anybody that has anything may well put you on spades, and call down, and if anybody behind you calls your raise on a draw, they effectively block your resteal attempt unless you are prepared to go nuts into two players the whole way. Wait for a better opportunity.

-eric