Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: A live hand and a tell

I read him correctly when I saw his behaviour as an act of not wanting to see the action until it was over and nervousness. He showed AA when I called, and rose because he was afraid of the flush draw, saying he had busted with AA against flushes so many times, when we spoke later. I just couldnt make up my mind wether he was anxious because drawing or because of the draw possibility.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM

I respectfully disagree with Ray. Having played in enough B&M and home tourny's. Players that get up from the table usually do so consistently whether bluffing or if they really have the goods. The only way you can isolate this as a tell is if you have played with this player before and they only do this with monsters etc... Generally this is the exception and not the rule. If the player is a decent player at all, he gets up in all of his allin situations, just for the reason of not advertising a tell.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:46 PM

you should've said you had AJ or AQ. then you would've gotten some more interesting discussion.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:48 PM

See this post from the World Poker Tour, etc. forum

All in...then walk away from the table?!?

T
Old 11-03-2005, 01:05 PM

the all in w/ the get up and walk from the table act is almost always a huge hand. Of course, you have to define what huge means to that player. AK could qualify in this instance. TT is, of course, and instacall here, but in general, it's a big hand. I've seen this with AA preflop too many times to count. It seems to be prevelant w/ Asians for some reason, too, FWIW.