Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM

Default 400nl AK line

6-handed $400nl.

Two players limp, hero ($440) raises to $20 on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villian (solid player, covers) calls in the SB, limpers call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot: $84)

Villian bets $65, folded to hero.

Villian is moderatly tricky and aggressive.
Line for the rest of hand.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 400nl AK line

raise without a solid read. What flop are you hoping for if not this? If you can put him on a high pp most of the time, you can flat call and raise the turn to let him throw more chips at you, but you will loose more money to a set if he has 99. What clubs do you think he is calling with here? He called the raise before the limpers call so unless he's a donk he isn't expecting to get odds to play SCs or low PPs or K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I wouldn't worry about a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn. Also hands that you dominate here (AQs) typically don't call raises pf without flush outs, knowing that they are probably dominated or flipping.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:52 PM

what line is he likely to take with a draw here?

is he capable of a flop 3 bet with a draw?

or is he likely going to call your raise, check raise a blank turn with both a set and a draw?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:19 PM

If you raise I can almost gaurantee he 3-bets all in, and you are probably a slight dog. I would call here and bet the turn if checked to.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise I can almost gaurantee he 3-bets all in, and you are probably a slight dog. I would call here and bet the turn if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xorbie, what hand are you putting Villain on here? And, more importantly to me, are we calling partially because Villain has already charged himself a great deal if he is drawing OOP? 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], AQs, AK, AKs, and sets would all play this way from an aggressive player, right?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:19 PM

I might fold here directly on the flop (!). I probably call though and see what happens.

I also make it 25 preflop.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise without a solid read. What flop are you hoping for if not this? If you can put him on a high pp most of the time, you can flat call and raise the turn to let him throw more chips at you, but you will loose more money to a set if he has 99. What clubs do you think he is calling with here? He called the raise before the limpers call so unless he's a donk he isn't expecting to get odds to play SCs or low PPs or K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I wouldn't worry about a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn. Also hands that you dominate here (AQs) typically don't call raises pf without flush outs, knowing that they are probably dominated or flipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a heads up pot on a 6max table. unless hero has been playing like a total nit over a long session i'd expect villain's range to easily include combo draws, oesd, flush draws, one pair hands and sets.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you ALWAYS recommend raising a bb or two more preflop? 5xbb raise pf is more than enough with ak-o.

I'm getting really sick of reading "I raise 1bb more pf".

Anyone else, or am I all alone here?

-fop
Old 10-30-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you ALWAYS recommend raising a bb or two more preflop? 5xbb raise pf is more than enough with ak-o.

I'm getting really sick of reading "I raise 1bb more pf".

Anyone else, or am I all alone here?

-fop

[/ QUOTE ]
it actually makes all the difference
Old 10-30-2005, 07:39 PM

I hope you forgot 'sw'. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-fop