Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Oops?

So after not losing a session in weeks I ran into 3 set under sets, blah blah, stupid beats, and bad play on my part in one day. This hand left me a little confused though.

Opponent is TAG. Haven't seen him play too many hands after the flop. The cold caller inbetween is absolutely horrible and seeing 80% VPIP. This makes me think he may have a slightly wider range, may be? If we decide to continue, this is the right play, correct? Calling preflop and autoshoving any flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 ($197.25)
MP2 ($701.25)
MP3 ($73.60)
CO ($175.15)
Button ($521.25)
SB ($334.05)
Hero ($424)
UTG ($371.05)
UTG+1 ($400)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]5 folds</font>, CO calls $4, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $28</font>, SB calls $26, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $100</font>, CO folds, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $200</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $100.

Flop: ($432) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $224 (All-In)</font>
Old 10-28-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Oops?

bad beat. sorry
Old 10-28-2005, 10:27 PM

I don't play this high and am at a loss as to why, if you're pushing any flop, you're only calling pre. I hope this will get explained. besides doesn't button have AA often enough to allow you to fold pre? Basically you shouted, "I have AA" and he shouted back, "I have AA"?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 PM

So you think you should be playing 2/4 NL because I misplayed one hand? Ok, cool.

So you don't factor in the cold caller at all?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:38 PM

I didn't even say you misplayed the hand. No, I don't think I should play higher because(if) you misplayed the hand.

No offense was meant by my post and there was nothing offensive in it as far as I can tell.

Nope, I didn't factor him in since he folded before you called the last 100.

I'm sorry you had a bad day.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 PM

So this is a standard/easy lay down at NL with ~100 BB stacks? I'm still learning and was genuinely curious.

I meant that since button raises, sb calls, i reraise, now when it gets back on button he may reraise just to make sure sb doesn't call the ~$75 raise I made. I was just wondering if this would make someone lean from folding to doing something else.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 PM

i dont roll that high at all but i either c/r the flop ai or push. i dont see myslef folding if i dont fold pf. i may fold pf if i know villain wont have anything but aces.

as for how op played it pf, it was standard. if he 4 bets nothing calls except AA. if he calls and pushes/cr's the flop he gets value out of AK, QQ, JJ and whatever else is possible...
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So this is a standard/easy lay down at NL with ~100 BB stacks? I'm still learning and was genuinely curious.

I meant that since button raises, sb calls, i reraise, now when it gets back on button he may reraise just to make sure sb doesn't call the ~$75 raise I made. I was just wondering if this would make someone lean from folding to doing something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that buttons' 3bet could be explained by a desire to narrow the field and thus may not mean AA. I guess that's possible but I would expect a size raise to ~175 instead of making it an even 2hundred tho this may be a minor detail. I think the hand started out crazy with that huge preflop overbet so the whole thing may be a little off.

I understood that button was tag. Is this not the case? I expect to be against AA here very very often vs tag 3bettor.

I can and do fold KK pre at times but maybe I shouldn't.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:27 AM

If villain will make this play with AA-JJ, AK, looks okay to me. I guess it also depends on how you're raise looks to him. If he knows that your reraise may be to isolate against bad SB, then I think his 3betting range would have to be wider.

Either way, barring a good read, I probably play it the same way.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:28 AM

PF call is fine...too close to the right odds to fold even if you know its AA. I hate seeing a (I have the nuts) min raise. Really smells like AA.

I don't like the auto push because a worse hand can fold while AA easily calls. So, I think I favor check/raise here so I don't fold out worse hands here that are drawing thin and I don't see sooted cards minraising you preflop so I'm not too worried about a free card.

With a read and on a good day, I might be able to choke out a check fold to a push here.