Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods dying out?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what you're worried about. I was at Foxwoods yesterday and it was plenty busy. They didn't have extra-long lists because they weren't running 90 tables or whatever their max is. Every time a list would get 10+ people on it, they'd open a new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was the problem. There were too many shorthanded tables and the floor was not good about condensing tables.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:48 AM

Yeah, maybe. What with all the football jerseys and all.

I was 4th on the 5/10 list when I got there around 945am, and sat down at 2/4 while I waited. I played 1 hand and they called a new 5/10 table, which never even went..... I finally got my own seat by just sitting down at a 5/10 table that had open seats a few minutes later.

I had like $500 in red and green chips when I sat down at the 2/4 table. The whole table looked up at me and said "This is only 2/4!," like, "Go away, we fear red chip games!"

Rob
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're forgetting that 9am saturday is the darkest, most hungover part of a good friday night at the woods. look for the disheveled guys that smell like last night's gin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid I have never been there at that time. Sometime I want to head down there on a Friday night and do an all nighter. As it is I generally get there sometime in the ten o'clock hour.

In a related note, working for a living sucks.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 AM

I went to foxwoods for a solid month(late July to late August). There were always games and there were always waitlists. I think this is a season thing...
Old 10-22-2005, 06:51 PM

Funny I should run into this post today. Last night my wife decided at the last minute to treat her daughter to a night at Mohegan. We got there at about 8:30, I dropped them off and headed over to Foxwoods. Got there a bit before 9, put my name on the Act I and II list and head to tha main room and put my name on the 4/8, 5/10 and 10/20 lists, fully expecting to play a satellite. I then start to head back to the satellite area when I get called for the 4/8. I was shocked.

Maybe a lot of people got sick of waiting 6 hours for a seat. That would be a good thing, I guess. A better thing would be for Mohegan to add a poker room.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Restructure of the 1-2 NL?

hey is the rake still $5 a half hour in that game and max buy in $100?

did they restructure it?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Restructure of the 1-2 NL?

[ QUOTE ]
hey is the rake still $5 a half hour in that game and max buy in $100?

did they restructure it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the last time I was there, maybe a month ago.

There's now a 2-5 with, I think a $300 max buy in but I don't believe it replaced the 1-2
Old 10-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Restructure of the 1-2 NL?

Hey I was there Thursday and the 2-5 NL is a 300 min 500 max with a $6 half hour charge. The 1-2NL is a 40 min 100 max game with a $5 half hour charge. Maybe one day they will restructure the 1-2NL to 100 min 200 max.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A better thing would be for Mohegan to add a poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

The friend I went with yesterday said there were people at his table saying this would be happening in January. I don't know the quality of the source, but it's certainly more specific than anything I've heard before.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:46 PM

Foxwoods certainly wasn't dead last night. Everything 10-20 and down still had full lists when I left at 2AM.

Also, we had a break-in in our rotation who said that fw was trying to get a bunch of new dealers because they're expanding the poker room.