Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Kicking a Mod off the island: Discussion thread

A lot of the people who are capable of doing these things aren't willing to be mods. Also, merely being capable of the job doesn't mean the person is well suited for the role.

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure i could easily do your job

[/ QUOTE ]

We will see how things go in the Politics Forum. You may end up regretting that statement. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, is there a long list of qualified mods ready to step in after one loses the popularity contest? I do not think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who would do just as good of a job as a mod as any of the current mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for all the various forums, but at least in the NL forums mods were chosen more or less by public approval. The idea of voting off one of a group of people chosen in such a manner is completely retarded. How someone can be unable to grasp this concept is really beyond me.

If a mod was actually doing a poor enough job that they would need to lose their powers, it should (and would) be the posters in their forum who make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're complaining a lot, so i figured i'd point out one simple thing to you. I would never have done this had Mat not said he thought it was a good idea, take that into consideration.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well the way i was thinking of doing it, you start with the list of mods, and you vote for who you want to save, and say the first time, top 5 are saved, etc. [censored] would get saved quite fast that way. Also, this requires people to actively want to keep a mod for them to not lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the way it goes, I might be wrong about half of what I said. The unknowns would definitely suffer the most in this format.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A much better idea would be to vote mods off, survivor style. Maybe have 3 rounds, and a certain number with the least "off" votes would be removed after each round.

This would protect unknown mods, since no one would not like them.

Also, I'd imagine all of 2+2 would be voting b/c all the mods would push their forums to come to oot and vote.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well the way i was thinking of doing it, you start with the list of mods, and you vote for who you want to save, and say the first time, top 5 are saved, etc. [censored] would get saved quite fast that way. Also, this requires people to actively want to keep a mod for them to not lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the way it goes, I might be wrong about half of what I said. The unknowns would definitely suffer the most in this format.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A much better idea would be to vote mods off, survivor style. Maybe have 3 rounds, and a certain number with the least "off" votes would be removed after each round.

This would protect unknown mods, since no one would not like them.

Also, I'd imagine all of 2+2 would be voting b/c all the mods would push their forums to come to oot and vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo i actually like this idea better.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 AM

None of us would be mods if Mat didn't think it was a good idea. Take that into consideration. At first I thought this was retarded, but almost funny, in a "wouldn't that be kinda cool even though I know it'll never happen" way.

Now it's just getting pathetic. Your idea sucks, I'm sorry, better luck next time, perhaps try a trip report on what your dump smelled like after Taco Bell.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM

I'm all for OOT being as goofy as it can, but once we start messing with other forums it's not cool. Not a great idea.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never do this.

Even if I did, I'm not sure if I would get much support out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT-
In fact, I'll lock any threads about this contest posted in the Mag. or Politics Forum unless I get some directive to do otherwise.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, is there a long list of qualified mods ready to step in after one loses the popularity contest? I do not think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who would do just as good of a job as a mod as any of the current mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for all the various forums, but at least in the NL forums mods were chosen more or less by public approval. The idea of voting off one of a group of people chosen in such a manner is completely retarded. How someone can be unable to grasp this concept is really beyond me.

If a mod was actually doing a poor enough job that they would need to lose their powers, it should (and would) be the posters in their forum who make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're complaining a lot, so i figured i'd point out one simple thing to you. I would never have done this had Mat not said he thought it was a good idea, take that into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do it. It should tell you something that all the most vocal complainers are mods. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In any line of "work" it's inconceivable that of a party of 30-40, the worst one doesn't suck.

At the very least, you conduct the competition and the two "finalists" each get put to a vote in their own forum(s) for a manual yes or no vote. But this is completely doable.

And whoever said that it's a hard job is seriously out of their mind. Other than Politics and possibly OOT, it's the easiest thing in the world. The only thing is that it's time consuming. I'd guess that most of the people who would be the best mods want nothing to do with it because of the hassle. It also seems to me that anyone who really, really, really *wants* to be a mod, is at least a little suspect from the get-go.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 AM

I propose that the punishment for losing be harsher than banishment. The loser should be forced to use a close up of his own face for an avatar for at least one year or however long it takes for everyone to get over the shock value.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
t should tell you something that all the most vocal complainers are mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case some people don't get my posts, I'm not complaining about it at all.

I just hope that, if it's done, it's done right.
Closed Thread