Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:04 AM

Default KQ TP keeps getting bet into

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

BB is 55/38/2 over 50 hands. Button was TAGish.

As a side note, I really really really hate the variance in poker and I hope it dies.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: KQ TP keeps getting bet into

River:

BB bets, Hero calls.

BB shows 87.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:13 AM

Why did you raise the most scary possible river that did not help your hand? Are you so certain you have the winner? If he 3-bets you are folding?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:16 AM

He doesn't have a flush here. On the turn, he only had one pair, at best. He is paying off with one pair here. The question is if he improved to a straight or two pair often enough that I shouldn't raise... The more I think about it, the more I think I shouldn't raise.

If he 3-bets, I should fold.

Meh, nevermind, I shouldn't have raised the river. He has to have 2-pair or a straight here most of the time. At least the 3-flush protects me from getting 3-bet. I was just looking for an interesting hand from tonight's session.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:47 AM

yes. dont raise the river. wow thats bad.

id also just call the turn as BB could easily have 2 pair at this point and the button is in the pot with a worse hand that will fold to a raise. raising is definitely close though.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 AM

i like everything but the river, its too easy for you to be beat here, even if he doesnt always 3 bet it.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. dont raise the river. wow thats bad.

id also just call the turn as BB could easily have 2 pair at this point and the button is in the pot with a worse hand that will fold to a raise. raising is definitely close though.

[/ QUOTE ]From what I've seen, turn bet is usually a picked up straight draw or a weak king or another pair that doesn't want it to get checked through. Villain had 88 and called the river.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've seen, turn bet is usually a picked up straight draw or a weak king or another pair that doesn't want it to get checked through. Villain had 88 and called the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the problem is that a lot of the draw got there on the river. But you know the river raise is bad.

Krishan - 155