Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Ants vs. Humans

Ants are really autocratic -- they love all this bureaucracy. They will have no problems whatsoever with officially sanctioned re-allocation of surplus resources away from war with other colonies to war with humans.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think some of you are vastly underestimating the number of ants there are in the world. they also have the advantage of being able to evolve MUCH faster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2005, 11:45 AM

This reminds me of SimAnt, when you had to fight off all the red ants, take over the yard, and then take over the house. Then there is the animation at the end where the human and dog are going crazy and the house has a for sale sign up.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of SimAnt, when you had to fight off all the red ants, take over the yard, and then take over the house. Then there is the animation at the end where the human and dog are going crazy and the house has a for sale sign up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is why everyone thinks that there would be fighting between the ants. I think in a fight to the finish against humans we'd have to assume at least a temporary alliance with the red ants.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:30 PM

Old 09-28-2005, 08:49 PM

week one: ants [censored] up about 10% of the world population. total carnage. people are outnumbered 100,000,000:1 in many rural areas. people in big cities lock down. lots of ants and people perish

week two: walmart starts selling anti-ant suits made in china for $3.97. They are hot as a bitch but the ants can't get through them. people gradually adjust to having their entire bodies covered in fabric whenever outdoors. People continue to be eaten in their sleep when ants break into their homes -- which will happen often in the first few years.

my guess is five years tops and ants rarely get within 10 feet of a person within the US. lifestyle changes abound however. each year drunk driving and ant devourings will race for most killings.

ants are not nearly as tough as bacteria and viruses in my opinion