Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Do we like this?

Particular questions - should I limp and then call 3rd - the villain who completed is quite loose?
Am I right to raise 4th?
Should I bet out 6th?
I would have checked the river without a second pair. Anyone disagree?

Site: PartyPoker
5/10 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls

Fourth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____raises

Fifth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls

Sixth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets

River
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx_____calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Do we like this?

Hmm - I never know whether to play these, really. I guess I just make a decision based on who the other players are. In this case, I’d either fold or call. I don’t like raising here, especially since your door is duplicated. One good thing is that spades are live (you could make a “flush”).
I like the raise on 4th.
I like the bet on 6th.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 AM

In the relatively tightly structured party mid limits, I'd definitely fold 3rd. After that everything looks perfect.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 2: xx xx 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Hero: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that the 1st call (bring-in, $2?) is marginally acceptable with only 2 players left to act (both with baby cards), your K & Q are higher than any other exposed cards and one of J's dead.

However, I would fold after the completed bet ($3 more) with 2 additional callers ahead of you.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM

I think I would complete on third. You have the highes door card and two overs in the hole. I complete this every time. I play the rest the same.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:14 PM

You guys don't like a completion here? He has a 3 straight plus two overs to the only other broadway, not to mention his cards are all live except that Jack. Is a completion to loose for the structure?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:05 PM

I would like completion more than a limp but there's no need to get creative in this structure.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM

I complete on third. Other than that, I like your play on every street. Completing on 3rd is good b/c you know he likely doesn't have a pair of jacks (he would have completed) so that leaves a buried smallish pair or 3-straight which you have housed. Either way, you're going to play and raising to get it heads up will prove beneficial here.

Jeff