Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Hand vs. Fsuplayer

Where in god's name do you guys find home games with $2k stacks??? I'm so jealous! (Not in boston, are ya? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Old 09-14-2005, 01:56 PM

Good post.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Why arent you posting more often?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM

Thankyou for all the responses guys. I originally put him on an overpair or big spades on the flop, however I didn't think he would call the turn with an overpair. A lot of you guys hit it right on the head saying he had a straight draw with spades or diamonds. I called the river... he flipped 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Oh well... there's always next time.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:34 PM

surprised he wasn't more aggro with his double gutter/flush draw... fsuplayer can you comment on this, is it because you think the double gutter has huge implied odds (assuming the T doesn't get there)? or is it because you firmly put hero on a set? or was it because the stacks were awkward whereby getting it all in is impossible if he does't have you beat and a reraise makes it awkward on the turn OOP (probably this one, huh)?

problem with bet/call, check/call, check/fold or lead on completion is if hero has an overpair here, the implied odds are far worse and the fold equity on the flop is far greater...
Old 09-14-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
surprised he wasn't more aggro with his double gutter/flush draw... fsuplayer can you comment on this, is it because you think the double gutter has huge implied odds (assuming the T doesn't get there)? or is it because you firmly put hero on a set? or was it because the stacks were awkward whereby getting it all in is impossible if he does't have you beat and a reraise makes it awkward on the turn OOP (probably this one, huh)?

[/ QUOTE ]

all of those, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
problem with bet/call, check/call, check/fold or lead on completion is if hero has an overpair here, the implied odds are far worse and the fold equity on the flop is far greater...

[/ QUOTE ]

i have played thousands of hands with the hero, he's my roommate, and he still has the problem of underbetting (and especially underraising) with his monsters.

i was about 90% sure he had 66/99 here, with AA a small possibility, but once he bets the turn that big, AA is out.

we were so deep that if i reraise, it becomes very awkward if i miss on the turn, and an all in there screams a big draw, and there is a big 0% chance he lays down a set here against me the way i play in the home game.

also, as you said, a 4 stacks him everytime on the turn or river. the 10 on the turn sucked, and made my turn call close. i needed to get 200 on the river to make the call neutral EV wise, and i knew id get that easy.

i love to gamble in that game and push people around, and normally id get as many chip as possible on the flop, but i had a good read, and went with it.

btw, your posts have improved a huge amount. I scan for them alot now. nice job.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i love to gamble in that game and push people around, and normally id get as many chip as possible on the flop, but i had a good read, and went with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with everything you're saying Mike, but two things - one, did you think about checkraising the turn big and two, what was your plan if you missed on the river?...
Old 09-15-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with everything you're saying Mike, but two things - one, did you think about checkraising the turn big and two, what was your plan if you missed on the river?...

[/ QUOTE ]

again, I was very confident of my read of a set, and he's not folding on the turn very much at all, since only one hand beats him, and there are now two flush draws as well as straight draws, and given my affinity for semi-bluffing, I dont think he folds the turn.

the river i was giving up if i miss, for the reasons i just gave mostly. folding sets against me is not something that happens at that game, like never.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:59 PM

I think you need to pay him off. He could have two pair or 45s, and while he could certainly have you beat, the pot is big enough, and he is good enough to make this sized bet to make you outhink yourself and fold the best hand.