Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: New Dog -Man Question

Depends if shes hot, single and what she is willing to do for you in those 24 hours she has left.

In all seriousness, she probably knew before this that she had 24 hours left to live, so unless she still has some emotional baggage to unload I dont really see the point.

Id probably let her decide, throw the medicine on the floor, walk away and let her choose.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whether you believe in the Garden of Eden, Evolution, or else, no one is disupting the first clothes a human made was the skin of an animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, that must be why Genesis 3:7 says "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember this thread the next time you eat a hamburger.

[/ QUOTE ]

You remember this thread next time someone is killed in Iraq. Or mugged in an alley.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? How does that make sense?

"Humans do bad things, [censored] em they deserve to die" is that your point?

[ QUOTE ]

You can talk about vegans and hamburgers all you want, I think it's beside the point of the question. Whether or not someone who chooses the dog over the man is a hypocrite, is beside the point of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshit, the reason you eat animals without guilt, but would never eat a human unless absolutely forced (and even then I imagine some would choose to starve) highlights the difference in life value between them.

If you truly believe animals have the same life value as humans then you wouldn't eat them or products made by them. (ie- vegan)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, your argument is nonsense because although humans have the capacity to do bad things (dogs attack and sometimes kill kids also you know) you aren't focusing on all the good humans are able to do, over dogs. (well except Lassie and Inspector Rex but they are/were exceptions)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not forgetting the good humans can do over dogs. I'm not forgetting the bad humans can do over dogs either.

How simplistic can you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

Convincing argument.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whether you believe in the Garden of Eden, Evolution, or else, no one is disupting the first clothes a human made was the skin of an animal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, that must be why Genesis 3:7 says "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"loin coverings" hardly constitutes as "clothes".

If you were out in the street with nothing but your underpants on, you'd be looking for "clothes". (read the story of how Jacob stole Esau's blessing)
Old 08-31-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I AM GOING SOMEWHERE WITH THIS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is very hard to see.

- Kripke
Old 08-31-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I AM GOING SOMEWHERE WITH THIS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is very hard to see.

- Kripke

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

Enough with the procrastination Sklansky, make your point.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you truly believe animals have the same life value as humans then you wouldn't eat them or products made by them. (ie- vegan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this man. I have been vegetarian for 12.5 years and finally went vegan 2.5 years ago. And I don't know if I place animal life on the same level as humans. I am lucky because I am rarely in situations where I have to choose between killing a dog or a human (by "rarely" I mean "never"). But, I think one, at least me, can be vegan because they want to minimize suffering. But, I also didn't read the whole thread, so I might not even be talking about what you are talking about. I am vegan because I don't like causing or supporting pain (yes I know I have contradictions in my life..I am not perfect).

craig
Old 08-31-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this man. I have been vegetarian for 12.5 years and finally went vegan 2.5 years ago. And I don't know if I place animal life on the same level as humans. I am lucky because I am rarely in situations where I have to choose between killing a dog or a human (by "rarely" I mean "never"). But, I think one, at least me, can be vegan because they want to minimize suffering. But, I also didn't read the whole thread, so I might not even be talking about what you are talking about. I am vegan because I don't like causing or supporting pain (yes I know I have contradictions in my life..I am not perfect).

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

I did not mean that 'all vegans think animals are equals to humans' etc.

What I mean't was that, if somebody says "a human's life is no more valuable than a dogs/animals" that that person would be a hypocrite then if they had no qualms about eating animals but wouldn't fathom the thought of eating a human also.

For if there is no distinction of value of life between the two, why is a distinction made at the dinner table?

Cheers,
SDM
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, maybe he could spend that day with his family, tell them how much loves them? Sort out his affairs in this world and maybe even contemplate his affairs in the next?

[/ QUOTE ]

has he not already done this?
if he needed the 24 hours to make peace with his family i'd give it to him. if everyone knew he was already close to dying anyways and he'd essentially said his goodbyes, i'd give it to the dog.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:09 AM

I think the EV play here is to flush the medicine down the drain to avoid pissing off whoever you didn't give it to.