Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Hand 2 of 3 (deep-stacked 2/4)

Ok, at this point the effective stack size between villain and I is $820. Once again, villain is generally solid, but is willing to mix it up- i imagine he is a winner in the game.

Folded to my button, I open for $14 with QQ, sb (villain) and bb ($45) call.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet $30, villain c/rs to $100, bb folds. He c/red pretty quickly, and I felt like he has something I beat often enough to call.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

He checks.

This is clearly the crux of the hand, and I thought for almost all of my time here.

Bet? If so, how much? What if he c/rs? When I act here I'd like to have a plan that encompasses most of the possible turn/river lines.

The play in hand 3 is dependent on the results here, so I will wait on posting it.

-muz
Old 08-09-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Hand 2 of 3 (deep-stacked 2/4)

I bet 1/2 pot he either fears the flush or he doesn't you said he's semi tricky but soild so I don't see him making a huge play where he could be really far behind. I fold to a raise bet the river... fold to river c/r.

NewbieStyle
Old 08-09-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Hand 2 of 3 (deep-stacked 2/4)

check. while top set is likely good here, a check raise of any reasonable bet will take you to the felt for 200 BB, and while there are worse things than getting it all in with top set, given action and board i am uneasy to say the least. Also, air is defenitely in villains range here, so we gain when he fires a shell at the river, and save when he flopped a str8 or turned a flush. on river i am calling reasonable to slightley unreasonable bets and betting for value if checked to. (puking if checkraised on river, but unlikely he is checking flush twice, and is not check raising str8 so i think are bet is for value most of the time.)