Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: The liberals use the radicalized few to falsely \"represent\" realit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In a Newsweek poll released Sunday, 64 percent of those asked said they do not believe the war in Iraq has made Americans safer, and 61 percent said they disapprove of the way the president is handling the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love polls, lets ask the average joe retard who knows little about world current events questions like this.
brilliant
Old 08-08-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: The liberals use the radicalized few to falsely \"represent\" reality

[ QUOTE ]
Sure there are people among them that hold all variety of beliefs, but if we selectively quote those on a particular side of the debate, we are not reporting the general attitudes of ________ accurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm gonna use this quote in my letter to Fox News.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: The liberals use the radicalized few to falsely \"represent\" realit

Yea I agree, I saw a poll online, don't know how valid it was but it said that only 58% of America knew that there was a freedom of speech. Even if it is remotly close much of the American public isn't too informed.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:28 PM

What does that have to do with anything? A couple thousand people died and 10's of millions of people live in those areas. These events are definatly mutually exclusive.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So one liberal activist is representative of military families?

They pushed the New Jersey liberal WTC wives to shill for Kerry last year, now they want to misrepresent military families.

Have they no shame! This is just evil and manipulative.

The mother in the article is apparently clueless about what her son was fighting for (democracy and freedom) and fighting against (terrorism and totalitarianism).

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words for you -- Willie Horton.

One more word -- hypocrite.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two words for you -- Willie Horton.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you going to stop bashing Al Gore for bringing up Willie Horton to attack Dukakis? Give the man a break, he lost a close election, he's had a hard life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We can generalize about what soldiers are fighting for because they have been polled and asked about this. Hint: they are not radical anti-war activists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must ask........Are you speaking from first hand experience?

During our last major conflict, many of us went off to Vietnam without having a real clue, as most 18-20 year olds don't, regardless of what we/then-them/now think.

There is nothing like first-hand experience to provide a meaningful reality check as to how one really feels.

We all came back changed men, and lots of those changes were not for the better.

Many could not reconcile the horror that they had experienced, and to maintain their personal sanity subscribe to the rationalization of "we were fighting for freedom/we were the good guys". For those who lived through it, let me remind you of....."The Domino Theory".

There were some, who after experiencing the same horror, took up a different point of view, and became vocal opponents of the reasons that our administration at the time had led us down that path.

I know the above is a simplification of what happened, but it will have to suffice for now.

Now, Mr. Broken Glass Can........Let me give you some “Hints”........

HINT: Both groups of veterans suffered greatly. They suffered from the same disease that is present in many of these postings.......lack of clarity & understanding........chicken-hawk ravings from those who were never in harms way.......political points of view that over-ride the immediacy of the reality.

Both groups were scapegoated......Those veterans who supported the war in Vietnam were called ‘baby killers’ by a part of our society. Those veterans who rejected the legitimacy of the war were called traitors by another part of society.

Although this may be old news (or new news) to many of the younger readers here, that’s essentially the way that is was, and for so very many of us who experienced it, the schism that was created in the fabric of the core of our society is still there, and has not been healed.

HINT: You can generalize all that you want about ‘what soldiers are fighting for’, but here’s the reason......They have no choice. I say that with no anger or feeling of victimization, just a simple statement of fact. We were in the military....our job was to ‘do our job’, regardless of how distasteful it was, or how much we disagreed with it. To use the popular phrase.....“It is what it is”.

From me to you............I read your posts here, and always do my level best to consider you point of view. I find myself in significant disagreement with just about everything that you purport to stand for/believe in. I will continue to debate/disagree with those points of view........

........HINT: That is what I fought for. I fought for my freedom and YOUR freedom to disagree with one another. I believe that it was worth fighting for, and I take great exception to some of the philosophies that you seem to subscribe to that would abridge that freedom.