Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:47 PM

Default 10/10 in a raised Pot from BB $2/$4 Blinds

Full Tilt Poker 6-Max $2-4 Blinds

Hero in BB with $450 is dealt 10/10
UG ($250) Limps
C/o ($450) raises pot to $18
Hero calls, UG folds pot $42

Flop 224r
Hero checks, c/o bets $26, hero raises to $52, c/o calls
Turn 4
Hero checks, c/o checks
River 8
Hero checks, c/o bets pot of $146

Call or fold?
Please give me feedback on every street, I don't think I played this one well. The only thing about the game I can tell you is about 2/3 pots were raised p/f, don't no much about villain. He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary for the first 30 minutes I have played with him.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 10/10 in a raised Pot from BB $2/$4 Blinds

I thought I would run this by one more time, since I posted it at night (maybe it's just not interesting, if so I apoligize).

My questions here are:
1. Should I even get involved with the hand OOP considering the raise, and if so should I dump it if I don't hit the set? SHould I re-raise for information p/f?
2. How do you play it when undercards hit the flop? I didn't really know how to play it when the undercards came up because he either missed with big overcards or has me drawing thin with his overpair. In hindsight I don't like my minirase, especially considering the way I played the turn.
3. Should I lead the turn big to try to represent KK or AA?
4. After the c/o's check on the turn and large bet on the river, what do you think the villain's range of hand is (without a read)?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:55 PM

preflop is fine.

on the flop, either checkraise a bit more or lead out.

I don't like check minraise.

lead the turn as he can't have the 4 or 2 and you might fold out a better hand, get cheaper showdown.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM

I fold preflop. The problem with this type of hand is that you just don't know how to play it, unless you flop a set which of course you can't count on. If any overcard comes up, which is about half the time on the flop, you have to let it go. And if he has anykind of pair, you're dead. Even if he does have A-K, if he makes a continuation bet on a flop of three rags, what do you do? You just don't know, right? Keep yourself out of a difficult position and fold preflop. The only way to call is if you're hoping to flop a set and willing to release tens even with three rags on the flop. I would also say that he probably checked the turn hoping for a check raise which you didn't fall for. I fold the river, I'm betting he has at least a bigger pair than yours. He probably didn't call your flop raise with just A-K.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:40 PM

that is incredibly weak tight and you'll get run over alot playing this way.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:56 PM

CR min = sin against poker
Old 07-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Folding 10-10 pre in a loose 6max game is incredibley weak, especially to a LP raiser, IMO. I would lead for $30-$40 on the flop and fold to a raise 90% of the time and c/r to around $75 10% of the time. I don't think check/calling is an option. Remember, villian's in LP and is likely raising with a lot less than JJ-AA.

My line is to pot the flop and fold to a raise.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM

I like this line, what do you do on the turn if you are smooth called?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 PM

I know its not addressed to me but on this particular turn, I like betting again.

on a blank turn, I like a check.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:23 PM

I like the line too. However, if you put a play on the guy on the flop and show aggression and he still calls, you have to give him credit for a hand. He's likely sitting there wondering what you have that you called a raise and led out the flop. That would scare an AK to be much more cautious unless he's really aggressive. If he bets turn, he's likely got more than TT. If he's got AK, you've got to give it up and give him credit because you are OOP and his agressiveness is too much.

With mid pairs like that gameplan should be to call a raise. If the flop is lower than your pair, bet out or c/r, and if called, be prepared to let go on turn or river.