Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Use Prophecy!

Most of the people at the zoo got emails because of PE (PlayerEdge?).

One person claimed to get a warning and they ONLY use Pokertracker.

Some people got responses saying PT, Playerview and Gametime are being looked at, but they haven't decided whether they are violations or not.

I wouldn't think Pokertracker/Pokeroffice or anything that doesn't share data with other people would be a violation.

Technically, posting hands on this forum sounds like a violation.

Seems like if they are checking what processes you are using, they would know who all is playing party and other skins at the same time. If they really don't care about that, they shouldn't make you go through uninstalling, deleting registry entries and all that, when you install a new skin.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:26 PM

Wow, didn't see that coming
Old 07-09-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Even if it is a program, it shouldn't transmit anything to party, so they would either be looking around your hard-drive or sniffing your packets. Either way, that doesn't sound too great. Maybe there is another way that I don't know about though. I assume PProph didn't give up their users.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are monitoring the processes on your computer, in addition to taking screen shots, at the very least.

eastbay
Old 07-09-2005, 04:07 PM

I think Party's Problem with all the different software is that people are making money off of their site by selling the different programs so they found a way to stop that. Thats my guess.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Party's Problem with all the different software is that people are making money off of their site by selling the different programs so they found a way to stop that. Thats my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically yeah, that and they have financial interests in people not going "well, i would play, but i don't want to play with people using their computers to aid them, and i don't want to have to shell out for the program too." anything that scares off new, or old, players from party is bad for them.

since they can fix this simply by saying "we deem all these programs unacceptable, and retain the right to sieze accounts if we catch you using them while running our software," there's really no reason for them not to.

citanul
Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 PM

For those who complained about my program not doing "live analysis" - this is why. I thought it inevitable that this kind of overzealous crackdown was on the way, and it puts both customers and businesses selling prohibited programs in a very difficult situation.

I think PokerEdge, PokerProphecy, and others will have dodged a bullet if this doesn't lead to a landslide of legal action when and if bankrolls start getting confiscated.

eastbay
Old 07-09-2005, 04:19 PM

just personally, i'm wondering why you call this "overzealous."

citanul
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM

Everyone should check out the software forum. One guy just got an e-mail from a party skin specifically stating that Poker Tracker was a violation of their Terms and would result in an account being frozen. Here's a copy.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXX,

IntertopsPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way
2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods
3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regarding your query on *PokerTracker*, *PokerTracker* falls in the above categories and usage of the same will result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regards,

Chaitanya
Investigations Team,
alerts@IntertopsPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cashed out all my money and our praying I get it. I think this is very, very gay on their part as I need to use poker tracker for tax purposes. Saying that I can't use it is like saying I can't report any sort of reliable winnings estimate to the IRS.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:20 PM

Sigh.

Ok, everyone take a deep breath. For one, PT is not a violation. PT does nothing that it says is against the T&C. And, if PT actually does turn out to be a problem, just import any hands/summaries after you've played and signed off.

Now, I am more and more stoked about all of these things getting banned. Especially if that means all the 2p2ers are going to flock to other sites. I never had too much of a problem with PV/GT+ and whatnot, but PokerEdge is way to sketchy IMO, and I guess I'd throw profecy in there too, except that everytime I've checked someone's records with it, it's wrong.

Also, nobody is getting their money taken away from them any time soon, so you can calm the hell down about that too. People have been receiving e-mails similar to this for a couple weeks, maybe even over a month, but it's been a lot more sporatic. If you're going to get banned, they ARE going to let you cash out your account too. Everyone who got kicked from Empire for bonus-abuse got their money back, I'm sure any account that get closed for HUDs (even though I doubt (m)any will) will certainly get their money back as well.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

Ok, everyone take a deep breath. For one, PT is not a violation. PT does nothing that it says is against the T&C. And, if PT actually does turn out to be a problem, just import any hands/summaries after you've played and signed off.

Now, I am more and more stoked about all of these things getting banned. Especially if that means all the 2p2ers are going to flock to other sites. I never had too much of a problem with PV/GT+ and whatnot, but PokerEdge is way to sketchy IMO, and I guess I'd throw profecy in there too, except that everytime I've checked someone's records with it, it's wrong.

Also, nobody is getting their money taken away from them any time soon, so you can calm the hell down about that too. People have been receiving e-mails similar to this for a couple weeks, maybe even over a month, but it's been a lot more sporatic. If you're going to get banned, they ARE going to let you cash out your account too. Everyone who got kicked from Empire for bonus-abuse got their money back, I'm sure any account that get closed for HUDs (even though I doubt (m)any will) will certainly get their money back as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you in that I don't believe that PT violates Party's T&C, either. You stating this as fact doesn't give me any great comfort, however, when the people holding my cash are sending out emails calling PT "cheating software".

I'm guessing that PokerTracker will survive, maybe PV/GT+, and byebye PokerEdge and Prophecy. Party and skins have made some bad calls in the past, so who knows.
Closed Thread